Friday, May 13, 2011

Foyer Lamps

My humble abode probably isn't fancy enough to call the entry a "foyer."  If it comes close, it is definitely a foy-yer and not a foy-yay.  We love that nothing in our house is too valuable.  Our favorite pieces were either inherited or found on clearance.

It is like Christmas when my mother-in-law cleans out the attic.  She lets me search through her Goodwill-bound items for new treasures!  In the last purge, I picked up a pair of great lamps.  I still haven't gotten good at documenting everything for the blog, and I forgot to take "before" pictures.

They were ornate gold leaf similar to this:


I get made fun of for thinking that all problems can be solved by a can of spray paint, and the problem of these lamps was no different.  My go-to Kilz Primer, a can of Valspar in Dark Grey, and two white rectangular lamp shades from Target ($12.99 each) were all it took to give these pieces a new start.  I think they like their makeover!



I love "BuyDay Friday" entries that are based on free items! 

No comments:

Post a Comment