Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Learn about SC

I was at our monthly Dinner Club with friends when someone starting listing off the symbols of South Carolina.  Sadly, I didn't know many of them... but neither did some of the natives in the room!  I lived in North Carolina in 4th grade, the year you usually learn fun facts about your state.  I can list many about the Tarheel State and I'm slowly learning about my Palmetto State home.  You can learn with me about South Carolina symbols, and we'll start with the "plants and edibles" section for today:

 State Beverage: 
Milk 
(since 1984)

State Flower: 
Yellow Jessamine 
(since 1924)

State Fruit: 
Peach 
(since 1984)

State Grass: 
Indian Grass 
(since 2001)

State Hospitality Beverage: 
Tea
(since 1995)

State Snack: 
Boiled Peanut
(since 2006)

State Tree:
Palmetto Tree
(since 1939)

State Wildflower:
Goldenrod
(since 2003)



all images from scstatehouse.gov

No comments:

Post a Comment