Thursday, June 9, 2011

Great Party Favors

Two weeks ago you saw the fabric that we are using for Ellie's birthday party.  Cute, right?  Next came the party favors.  We wanted something fun and safe for the little ones, but also something that could actually be used.  Since our family is working on our financial health, I though these little babies painted bright pink for the girls and green (or grey, haven't decided) for the boys would be the perfect party favor!



They are paintable ceramic elephant banks (come in white) available at OrientalTradingCompany.com for $16.99/dozen.  Pretty good, right?  Something appropriate for the theme that promotes financial responsibility at a young age... all for under $1.50 a pop?  Yes please!


A little paint and sealer, and we'll be in business.  Thanks to my love of Young House Love, I know about a sealer that is safe and kid-friendly.  I'll be using this:


According to the website, the nearest dealer is in Charleston.  I think I'll be ordering it from Eco Building Products.  I'm excited to try it out!  I may have found a new tool to make my furniture-refinishing habit safer!

No comments:

Post a Comment