Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year! 2012 was better than I could have dreamed, both personally and professionally. I get butterflies when thinking about how blessed I am. A gorgeous, hilarious, precious child, a fantastic husband, a great career, and a warm home all given to me by a loving God. I am always happy to gush about my family, but I'll keep this just about my job since that is what this blog is for.

I have the best job in the world. It is so stressful, and sometimes draining, but I have now been ruined for any other job. I love what I do, and I appreciate each challenge in some way. I can't imagine myself doing anything else now. Blessings were overflowing in 2012.

Goals for the year were to sell 18 houses, with two of those being referrals from past clients, and to be "Agent of the Month" once. This girl blushes profusely with any sort of public recognition BUT I wanted to make sure that I was keeping up with the top tier of agents in the office. I ended up selling 32 houses, currently have 9 under contract, and have 10 active listings. I sold $5,277,450 worth of real estate. WOW!!! I remained in the top 8% of agents in the Midlands throughout the year. I came in second for Agent of the Month in July and October. Fingers crossed for December. And even better than all of that, referrals were a home run. Nine sales (or about 28%)were referrals from past customers. Five of the 9 homes under contract right now are referrals from past customers, friends, and family. I have been so incredibly blessed with the best clients in the world. I do all that I can to make their home-buying experience a great one, and they return the love. It seems crazy that 1/18/13 will be the two year mark since getting my real estate license.

So what about 2013? I don't hope to sell more. I hope to keep this pace and simply improve. I am trying to learn to read people better. I have a history of getting excited about a contract that is never coming because I believe people when they say that they are serious. I've also been stood up three times, with no phone call or thought from the person, and it makes me fume. I'm trying to end that problem, too. I only have my time, so I'm working on wasting less of it in 2013.


My goals for 2013 are to: set up a client management system so that I can reach out to those who I have worked with throughout the year, be "Agent of the Month" once... or to come in second a bunch of times just to be sure I'm keeping up, to get more client testimonials on Zillow and Trulia, and to waste as little time as possible. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment