Friday, January 25, 2013

Powder Room is getting a Face Lift

The two dead pine trees near our driveway came down today!!  Each day that I walked out to a branch-free car I felt like I had dodged a bullet.  I'm breathing a bit easier now and item #1 on our 2013 list is complete.  We were very, very happy with Professional Tree Service of Lexington.  They promised to leave the yard cleaner than they found it, and indeed they did.  We have 26 more pine trees that we hate, so we'll definitely be using them again in the future.

I've added another item to the 2013 list: The 1/2 bathroom.

Like the other baths in our home, it needs to be gutted.  It hasn't been touched in 43 years.  Though it isn't as offensive as our guest bath (green tile, sink, tub) and the master bath (powder blue tile and sink), the sink doesn't work well anymore and the grout on the floor remains stained no matter how much I scrub it with a toothbrush.  I'm over it!  This will be our first foray into hanging sheetrock.  I'll keep you updated.

This is what it looks like now:

Over the last few weeks we purchased a new vanity, mirror, lighting fixture, and faucet. We are going to dip into my giant stash of Lowe's "clearance" tile for the floor. I can't wait to get started!!
 
On an even more exciting note, my dad is closing on his house in town today!!!  We are so excited to have he and his family 7 miles away instead of 1,000... not only for the free babysitting but also because we love them :)



1 comment:

  1. absolutely love the new stuff you picked out for the powder room! can't wait to see it all finished up!

    ReplyDelete