Friday, February 18, 2011

BuyDay Friday: Valentine's Wreath

Have you ever been glad that you didn't buy something that you REALLY wanted?  I had wanted the artificial boxwood wreath from Target for ages.  I was having a hard time ponying up the $39.99 for something that I could probably make with artificial greens from Michael's.  While I was pondering, Target stopped selling the wreath.  I made a yarn wreath as a place holder until I found something that I liked.  Lo and behold, I'm walking through Target last week and I see this beaut:

Target stopped selling the artificial boxwood wreath so that they could start selling this one!  It's a gorgeous preserved boxwood wreath by Smith & Hawken.  Since it is $39.99 as well, I wouldn't have been a happy camper if I'd paid that much for a fake one.  I had been eying one from Pottery Barn for $69, so I really feel like I got a deal (and PB has that $21 pesky shipping fee).  It needs to be lowered a little bit to be centered, but here is what it looks like right now over the fireplace.

My favorite part?  I told my man that I wanted this in lieu of flowers, and he was worried that he would get the wrong thing, so we went walking through Target hand-in-hand on Valentine's day to purchase it.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment