Friday, February 18, 2011

Favorite Things Thursday: Privacy

Growing up, it was my chore to dust the mini blinds.  Mini blinds.  Yuck.  When my husband and I bought our house, we realized very early that we needed to put up window treatments ASAP.  A friend called to let my husband know that they were driving by and could see him stirring a pot in the kitchen.  We live on a busy street and you can see right in our house.  I wanted something that would give us privacy, but also be attractive.  There was no way that I was going to put up mini blinds, but I knew that something gorgeous like plantation shutters would be out of my price range.
mini blinds
image courtesy of JCPenney.com 
plantation shutters
image courtesy of blindsbyjason.com

We considered many options, and finally settled on a wallet-friendly compromise of the two options above.  2" faux wood blinds.  They can be found at JCPenney and come in a variety of sizes.  If none of those work for you, they can create a custom size for you for a fee.  We went with white blinds, but they offer ivory and a number of wood tones.  Right now the white blinds are on sale from 11.99 to 39.99 (usually $30 to $105).  We love them!  They look classy and guard our privacy from the road.
image courtesy of JCPenney.com

1 comment:

  1. By the look on your narrow window, I can see that you’re really a private person, Kate. And it seems that you’re fond of blinds and shutter, which simply say that you’re cautious as well. Anyway, these window treatments are not only give attractiveness to the window, it can also give a bossy personality your room, especially to the offices.
    Roxie Tenner

    ReplyDelete