Thursday, March 31, 2011

Drop Dead Diva

So someday I'll finish my post about how to enjoy getting rid of cable.  We are enthusiastic TV-watchers over here and my husband never dreamed that he would be able to live without 300 channels.  A football season has not yet passed, so we'll see how he fares without ESPN come September.  For now, it's great!

I have never been accused of having an overage of patience, so watching shows a season at a time on Netflix is a dream come true.  Most recently we finished "Drop Dead Diva."  I had only heard of it a couple times (Jake, the Bachelor, made a cameo appearance according to an article I read in Us Weekly right after his big breakup with Vienna).  Anyway, it seems that this show was created for Fox, and when they passed on it, Lifetime picked it up.  It has won numerous awards and is just plain GOOD television.  Don't tell my husband, but he actually really enjoyed it.  It's clever and laugh-out-loud funny.

The story is about Deb, an aspiring model/actress who is killed in an accident.  She goes to heaven and presses the "return" button.  She's sent back to earth in the body of someone who was dying at the exact moment she pressed the button... a plus-sized, genius attorney named Jane.  With Deb's funny personality and Jane's smarts, hilarity ensues.  There are a few more twists and turns.  Deb's boyfriend works at Jane's law firm, but Jane can't tell him she's Deb.  You must watch and let me know what you think.  It sounds cheesy and won't make you more intelligent, but I bet you will enjoy it.



Unfortunately season 3 begins on Lifetime in June, so I'll be waiting a while before it's streaming on Netflix.  However, knowing that I can watch the entire season at once makes the wait entirely bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment