Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Make a Chore Chart

It's spring, and I am itching to get my house in order. Between a busy work schedule (a great problem to have, I'm not complaining!) and keeping an eye on an on-the-move baby when at home, I'm spent before I even start to think about housework. My lovely husband is willing to help, but he can't see what needs to be done and needs to be told. It's easier to do the chores myself than to sit down and make a list for him.  If I had a list already made, that would solve the problem!

I searched the web for a pre-made chore chart, but most are for families. Since our little girl can neither walk nor talk, we won't be giving her chores for a few more years.  We only needed a chart for two people, so I made one that will work for us. I'm trying to dream up all that we need to do to keep this place in order, but I'm sure that I will need to add chores as we come across them. Here is what it looks like so far:
















Please click on the image for a larger view.  Can you think of anything that I missed?  I once heard that someone devoted 27 minutes a day to housework.  I'm not sure what was significant about 27, but I'm thinking we might try this.  After the baby goes to bed, I can set the timer for 27 minutes and we can start on our chores.  This won't work for cleaning the dogs, but it may work for everything else if we work quickly.  We'll see how it goes!

4 comments:

  1. I like the 27 minute idea... I read about doing a 10-minute tidy at the end of every night, but I think maybe 27 is more realistic. Cause when I get started on my 10 minutes, I usually get into doing some task that takes me longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this post is older, but if you still have the original chart saved somewhere, would you mind emailing it to me so I can customize and print my own. rodatoma@yahoo.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi would you mind sending me this chart if you still have it?

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please i need this in my life

    ReplyDelete