Thursday, March 24, 2011

Favorite Things Thursday: Jimmy John's

A new Jimmy John's opened yesterday.  It's about a mile from my house, and I couldn't be more excited that my house falls within their "delivery radius."  I'm not sure why I love this sandwhich shop so much, since I could make a similar sandwhich at my house.  For some reason a Jimmy John's sandwich tastes so much better than mine.  If there is a crazy reason, I don't want to know what it is...

I'm sad everytime I think of the day that I found out I can't compete with a Wendy's salad because they wash their salad in sugar, driving the calorie content sky high.  I had tried to "recreate" the Apple Chicken Salad, and it just wasn't as good.  My wise grandfather filled me in on why my version paled in comparison.  Sad!

So I hope that Jimmy John's doesn't have a weird tactic to make their sandwiches so awesome.  I doubt it.  I think it's just the fresh baked bread.  Can't beat that soft, thick 5-grain wheat!

I had the Beach Club last night: turkey, provolone cheese, avacado spread, mayo, tomato, lettuce, cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts.  Delish!  I thought about going back for lunch today, but I think I need to wait a few days.  I don't want to get sick of my favorite sandwhich shop right out of the gate!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh they deliver? I would eat it EVERY day, it would be bad news for me.

    P.S. it is their bread! Did you know you can buy the day old bread for like 35 cents? I love doing that and making my own at home. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do deliver! I learned during my college internship. So exciting that my house falls just inside their delivery area. Come have a sleepover and we don't even need to go out for food!

    ReplyDelete