Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Sell Old Gadgets

My husband is a geek.  This doesn't offend him, he would say it himself.  He loves to have all of the new technological gadgets. The problem with this is that we are constantly upgrading.  We have a drawer of old cell phones, laptops, etc.  I tried selling a few things on CraigsList, but it's difficult to know how much these items are worth.  While my brother was here, he introduced me to a genius company that is solving the techno-pack-rat problem for people everywhere.

What is this company you ask?  Gazelle.

Gazelle is located in Boston, where my brother went to college, so I tell myself that this is why he knew about it and I didn't.  In reality, if it isn't marketing or real estate related, I'm behind the curve.  Anyway, while my brother was here he sold an old iPod for $90 to Gazelle.  They'll tell you how much your item is worth and send a box and shipping label to you.  After they receive your item and verify that it is what you told them it was, you receive a check in the mail or a deposit into your PayPal account.  Easy as pie, right?

I recently joined the iPhone community, and I'm trading in my BlackBerry Curve.  Gazelle is going to give me $129.15 for it- $123 because that is what they determined it is worth, and $6.15 because I found a 5% bonus code online.
 
This was so exciting that I searched through the aforementioned drawer to see what else I could sell.  My Dell laptop from college and my husband's old BlackBerry Curve would only fetch $3 each, so we passed on those.  I was shocked to find that my old graphing calculators from high school would earn me $26 each.  As soon as the box and shipping label arrive, my old calcs will begin their journey to Boston.  Too bad they don't take refrigerators, otherwise I would be finished with my CraigsList sales for good!

No comments:

Post a Comment