Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frog Tape

My Mother's Day present is FINALLY finished.  It is drying as I speak.  I snapped a few pics with my phone of the "during" and "just after pulling tape" phases.




I have wanted to paint stripes on the wall ever since I saw this adorable bathroom on my beloved Young House Love.  We were going to do a landscaping project for Mother's Day, but the rain clouds forced other plans.  No problem.  I batted my eyelashes at my husband and said, "Remember those stripes I've been asking for on the wall in the Foyer?"  Off to Lowe's we went for some supplies... including Frog Tape, the best stuff ever.  My friend Lindsey recommended it to us and now it's all we will use.

I measured the wall from crown molding to baseboards, and it totaled 91".  I've been out of school for some time, but I seemed to remember that a random number multiplied evenly into 91.  9+1=10, so it wasn't any factor of 3.  It wasn't 11 as I know that multiplication table.  Next to try was 13, and that was it!  13 goes into 91 seven times, which is why we have 7 stripes on the wall.  If I had divided 7 first then I would have been excited about that, but 13 it was.  I've looked up instructions to this project where the painter figures out how many stripes they want, then divides the height of the wall.  The answer has fractions and/or decimals for which we did not have the energy.  Nice even numbers are our style.

More pictures will come after we put the wall back together.  For now I'm loving my stripes and how expansive they make the wall look!

No comments:

Post a Comment