Thursday, May 19, 2011

Olympic No-VOC Paint

When we purchased our home in October 2008, every wall was beige and every piece of trim was ivory.  It looked so dirty.  I probably should have just painted the trim white and called it a day, but since when have I ever done a home project the easy way?

We originally used Valspar paint, then we discovered that Sherwin-Williams had better coverage, then we became Sherwin-Williams Harmony (no-VOC) believers when I was pregnant.  Trying to keep the air in our home cleaner while we painted was starting to get a bit pricey.  I checked Consumer Reports and found that Olympic No-VOC Paint from Lowe's has a fabulous rating and only costs $17.98/gallon.  For a cheap-o like me, this was a great find!

Changing wall color is the cheapest, highest impact change you can make in a room.  It isn't, however, the easiest.  And I like to change the color of our space quite often!

No comments:

Post a Comment