Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tip Tuesday: Liven Up a Wall with Stripes

I was sick on Mother's Day, so we didn't get to do the landscaping project that I had requested for my gift.  Instead, I asked that we paint the foyer and hallway a different color.  When we moved in, we painted every wall in the house.  We haven't gotten to the trim in every room, but each wall has been painted.  The dining room and the guest room that became the nursery have each been painted twice.  Now it's the hallway's turn for paint job numero dos.

It's really only going from a very bluish shade of grey to a neutral grey.  The win for me, thanks to Mother's Day, is that my husband agreed to paint stripes on an accent wall.  He has been fighting stripes for years.  I begged for them in the nursery, then the dining room.  A no-go so far.  There are two coats of the first color on the wall, and we should be on to painting the stripes tomorrow and Thursday.  We'll see how that goes.  They may wait until the weekend.  Our 8 month old little girl took her first two steps last night, and we sat with her for hours trying to get her to do it again.  If there is anymore baby excitement, painting will definitely be put on the back burner :)

Below is a video from DIY network.  We'll post before and after pictures when our wall is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment