Thursday, June 16, 2011

Diaper Cakes

I love a great creative project.  I took a cake decorating class, then a floral arranging class, and next will hopefully be sewing.  Wes made fun of me two Christmases ago when I pulled out the rafia, ribbon, hairspray and curling iron to wrap gifts.  They looked pretty darn beautiful if I do say so myself!  I get a kick out of using a glue gun and ribbon and "prettifying" things... even humdrum things (like diapers!).  I was excited to have a creative project to gift to Baby Margaret and the beautiful Mommy-to-be at her shower this past Saturday.

I have been wanting to try a diaper cake for ages.  Very few of my friends have children, and the ones who do and are local (since large stacks of diapers don't travel well) were pregnant while I was.  I knew that tears would ensue if I tried a new project while pregnant.  This weekend was finally my opportunity!

I didn't have much time to shop and put it together, so it wasn't perfect, but it came out pretty cute.  I was 15 minutes late to the party due to a hiding glue gun, so I didn't have time to take a picture.  Thankfully Miss Lollie was on top of things.  I stole this picture from Facebook.  You'll have to excuse that it wasn't ready for its closeup!  It's a little wonky while being held instead of sitting on a flat surface.


It contains 97 size 2 diapers (Huggies Pure and Natural), a rubber duck faucet cover, a pink rubber duck that plays music when in the water, and Burt's Bees bath items.


We are so excited for Ellie to have a new friend in Baby Margaret when she finishes baking!!

No comments:

Post a Comment