Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Notice: Wednesdays, they are a-changin'

So I have gotten over "What to Wear Wednesday."  I am a white button up, black shift dress, pearls kind of girl.  I don't wear exciting clothes, it is always my goal to be classic.  While in Miami, my friend Erica and I went to the Gap.  The other ladies were laying out on the deck of the rooftop pool (I felt a little bit famous up there), but I had had enough sun for the day and wanted to check out the stores.  I know Gap is everywhere and I should have gone somewhere new, but it's a great old faithful for someone like me.  I got two pair of "perfect khakis"... one in khaki and one in gray... for $17.99 and $23.50 from $49.50 each.  I thought it was a score!  Meanwhile, Erica gets a fabulous maroon and orange striped maxi dress that looks perfect on her.  Fabulous as it was, it was full price, and I never pay full price for anything (except at Target).  And then I realized that I am cheap and boring (but I like to say Classic), and it is so sad that I share with everyone what I buy.

So, instead, I'm going to start sharing what I read.  I may not have great taste in clothes, but I do have good taste in books!  Each Wednesday I will recommend one.  Some may be old because I've read lots of great ones over the last few years that deserve to be shared.  Very exciting for me!  I would rather read than watch TV and now I'll have a place to share all of the fabulous finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment