Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Take a Personality Test

I spent a few days last week in Miami with my best friends from High School.  With jobs, babies, weddings, and simply the passage of time, we have all changed at least a little since the days of school dances and sleepovers.  Boo mentioned that she had recently taken a personality test and that Mother Theresa and Adolf Hitler were listed as famous individuals with that personality type.  Interesting, right?  One of the best people that ever lived, and one of the absolute worst.  This got the rest of us wondering which personality type we had.  Jess pulled out her iPad and we each took the Myers-Briggs personality test over the next two days.

I'm an ISFJ.  Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging.  I must admit that I've been thinking about it ever since.  This particular personality type is conducive to real estate because you are always paying attention to how people are feeling.  Buying a home is usually such an emotional decision that this comes in handy!  Ten years ago I tested as an extrovert, but now I prefer to be with family and those I know well.  I like meeting people, but I'm not a fan of crowds.  I thought "introvert=hermit," but the description said this personality type is very friendly, it just doesn't get energy from people.  I never realized that my inability to say "no" and my desire to be excellent in my career endeavors were personality traits.  I guess I thought all of these traits as a set were unique to just me, and not "an ISFJ."  It has been thought provoking to research, and I would definitely recommend that you try it for yourself.  What better way to spend a free hour than to learn about yourself?

I can't wait to share pictures from the trip.  I look like a soccer mom carrying around my Nikon, so I always have to rely on the kindness of others in sharing their photos :)
Maybe next week's tip will be to find a cheap digital camera that is easy to travel with and easy to charge :)

PS.  I looked up famous ISFJs and among those listed were Robert E. Lee, Queen Elizabeth II, and a number of first ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment