Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Support the Arts: Local Theater

Some friends and I recently attended a local production of "Hairspray!"  Though Columbia is a rather small city, there is so much to do if you do some digging.  Three of my friends go to the same hairdresser who happened to be in the musical.  I was very surprised to see the receptionist from Ellie's pediatrician in the lead role!  She is incredible and should be performing full time.  I intend to tell her so at our next appointment.

There was so much talent.  I have seen both versions on film.  I love 1980's Ricky Lake, but you can't discount John Travolta!  The local production was so much better, as is not often the case.  This particular performance was at the Workshop Theatre.  If you are interested in the performing arts, you may want to check out Trustus Theatre, Newberry Opera House, Township AuditoriumBroadway in Columbia at the Koger Center, and Town Theatre just to name a few.  I'm totally going to get my husband to take me to see "My Fair Lady" for my birthday in the fall!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment