Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dad's House

I've mentioned a few times that my dad and his family moved to town this spring.  We couldn't love having them nearby more.  They headed north for spring break to get their other home on the market, meanwhile we took advantage of the beautiful weekend by hosting a BBQ on their patio.  We ate around the fire pit, then roasted mallows for s'mores and a good time was had by all.  We only went inside to use the restroom... a good thing because there isn't any furniture.

They moved here with the bare minimum.  There's no sense in paying to move bulky items that you don't love, so beds and the dining set were all that made the cut.  Everything else was CraigsListed or brought to Goodwill.  Genius idea!  I have so many clients move all their junk into their new home and then start purging.  So much easier to do it the other way around.  Now they are having a decorating contest.  He gets to decorate the "man cave" in the basement, and she gets to make the main floor living room her own.  His first purchase?  A monstrosity of a television.  I can't wait to see how this real-life "Design Star" works out.


Not that I don't trust that he has great taste, but I've never seen him decorate anything.  I've been having fun bugging him about what he's going to purchase.  I created a Pinterest board of things that I thought he would like- just in case.  I already promised that he would host the 2014 Super Bowl party after everyone saw the 70" tv on their way to pee, and I'm sure that there are many more patio parties in the future, so he needs to get those orders in for furnishings.

1. Larry Sectional from Overstock $1899.99
It's a giant sectional for a giant room.  Measures 123" wide by 86" deep
2. Autumn Skies II from World Market $139.99 (my housewarming gift to him)
3. 8' x 10' Rainbow Multi-Stripe Rug from Overstock $179.99
A bright, masculine rug that will hide the coke stains that are surely in its future.
4. Pillows from Etsy $48.00
I thought these would bring all the colors together.  They were vetoed for being too "girly."
5. Henry Coffee Table from World Market $348.00
This rustic table calls for to put up your feet, and drink rings would just add to the character.
6. Lattice Detailed Writing Desk from Overstock $349.99
The room will double as my dad's home office.  This large 54" x 26" cherry desk will fit right in.
7. Dexter Navy Armless Chair from Overstock $223.99
Large, comfy chairs are necessary for my gaming husband and brother.

Some navy drapes to keep glare out and a few more pieces of wall art would make the room complete.  It's going to be a great place for weekly Duck Dynasty dinners!





No comments:

Post a Comment