Friday, February 14, 2014

Tradesy Valentine

Some might find it boring that I pick out my gift AND my husband's.  #1. I handle the finances and know how much to spend and #2. He is an admitted terrible gift-giver.  He is the most loyal, generous, selfless, steady person you would ever want to meet (my grandmother says he is like a rock, strong and steady).  I'm so blessed to have him as a husband, and he is an amazing father.  The one thing he isn't is thoughtful.  He isn't the "bring home flowers," "plan a romantic date," "pick out something you'll love" kind of guy.  So I plan our special dates and I buy our gifts.  He loves me, and I like to focus on the things that he IS.  He does buy flowers for E each year in trying to teach her how she should be treated.  This year she asked for daisies and is so excited.

In my recent search for shoes for an event, I came across the site Tradesy.com.  How did I not know about it before?  Things that have been worn once or twice, or are brand new but can no longer be returned, are listed for sale.  Behold my valentine's day gift:

courtesy of lyst.com
for a cool 68% off.  Don't mind if I do!

And a gift for the husband? A gun rack.  In early March we will be moving out so that our hardwood floors can be refinished.  When we move back in, the large guest room will turn into Hubby's office and the current office will go back to being a guest room.  He's already picked out the perfect spot for the rack.  All of our guns are locked and stored safely.  With a three year old who is curious about everything, we are crazy careful.

 courtesy of ebay.com


In the words of E, "Happy Balentime's Day to you.  Now can we decorate the tree?"

No comments:

Post a Comment